Inuit owned, NCC Development Limited (NCCD) are the experts in construction methods that endure the challenging locations and weather conditions of the North. As Nunavut’s leader in delivering quality industrial, commercial and residential buildings, NCCD knows what it takes to deliver on time and on budget. No project is too big or too small.
We care about our customers. Whether it is helping coordinate materials for the sea lift or designing and conceptualizing your dream home, it would be difficult to find another organization that offers the special customer relationship that comes from working with NCCD.
Our mission is to mobilize northern resources to build facilities by and for Nunavummiut.
Since inception, NCC Development has completed construction projects valued at over $300 million, including:
- Infrastructure, offices and housing for the Government of Nunavut;
- Commercial projects, such as Inuksugait Plaza, the Inuit Broadcasting Corporation building, the Aqsarniit Hotel and Conference Centre, Dorset Suites Hotel, the Chesterfield Inlet Cultural Center, and our new mixed-use office and residential building on the Lower Plateau in Iqaluit.
- Social housing projects such as a 28-plex recently completed in Iqaluit;
- Individual houses, as per our new Home Ownership Program, as well as home renovations, additions, and repairs.
- Industrial-use space, such as the NCC/AC Industrial Park, the new Uqsuq office and warehouse, and the Canadian North hangar.
Our experienced construction crew is predominantly Inuit. We support our workers through training, apprenticeships and mentoring. We rely on our network of qualified Inuit and northern suppliers and contractors. We promote safety on site through training and supervision.
At NCC Development, our first priority is customer satisfaction.
Canada Business Review
In 1997 NCC Development was created to build and maintain the required infrastructure for the creation of Nunavut, Canada’s newest territory. NCC Development Limited is wholly owned by the NCC Investment Group. NCC Investment Group is 100% Inuit owned by the Development Corporations, Kitikmeot Corporation, Qikiqtaaluk Corporation , Nunasi Corporation and Sakku Investments who all own an equal share and represent Inuits throughout the entire territory.